Thursday, March 20, 2008

Podcasting - not so fun

So, it's taken me over a week to get the podcasting assignment completed. I had to download the Audacity software to make the recording, and then I had to find a software program to convert my file to MP3 format -- there seemed to be a lot in google, but I chose AceZ Mp3 Wav Converter and it worked great.

In general I found the whole podcasting experience to be a bit complicated, and am still pondering how one might use a podcast for their library. I'm sure there ARE lots of good uses, but I'm more of a visual learner, and I've been a YouTube fan for a long time.

The biggest problem that I had in this assignment was trying to find out how/where to post my podcast. Then I saw on our Blue 2.o blog that Bunheadky kindly offered us a couple of options. (Thanks Bunhead!) I chose to go with podbean. I was able to post my podcast, but am still trying to learn all the tricks and options of podbean -- it essentially creates a blog for you to post your mp3 files to then act as a podcasting host. There are lots of options for changing the look of my page, but I haven't had time to figure them out yet. At any rate, here's the URL to my podcast http://lmcdavison.podbean.com

3 comments:

illiadgal said...

Great podcast! I had no idea the Ky Library Assoc has been around since 1906! And it's funny how our podcast sites look exactly the same! ;) LOL!

-Amanda

Beth said...

Hey, you should ask the KLA webmaster to link to your podcast from the association website! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Cool podcast, Laura!