Tuesday, February 12, 2008

PBwiki creation

Well, I finally was able to create a pbwiki. I started on Sunday, but had a lot of problems -- in order to create the account, you must get a confirmation message in your email. My work email wouldn't deliver the message (it wouldn't even put it in spam folder), and my hotmail also filtered it out without letting me see it. So, I finally had to create a gmail account, and it worked fine. The address for my wiki is
http://pickiroro.pbwiki.com

I named it for my cats, Pickles and Rosie (big suprise huh?) ;-)

I looked at some of the Albany County Public Library wiki and also at Librarian Sarah's wiki. They are definitely good examples of using a wiki for work. I was especially impressed with the public library staff's wiki; and I recently learned that two of our ILL folks at the MCL have created a wiki about ILLiad! It's great!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Sorry about all the wiki worries. We're wondering if PBwiki didn't like all the new accounts coming from UK - maybe we overloaded them.