Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Blue 2.0 assignment continues

So, now I'm to the part of the assignment where we're supposed to record our experience with the instant messaging portion of the program. For me -- it was not pretty. I found the AIM interface to be very user UN-friendly, and all of the ads & flashing gee-gaws distracting. Eventually, I did manage to create an account in AIM & was able to chat with a very patient and helpful co-worker (thanks Susan!). I've used MSN messenger in the past and didn't have nearly as many problems with it as I've experienced with AIM (so far).

Yes, I could see using this technology at work, particularly for short ref questions. I personally would not want to use it for friends & family - keeping up with their email is challenging enough, I would be concerned that IMing would become very time consuming, which would cut down on the time I have to take photos of my cats ...

No comments: